I have recently decided that I needed to work out more. I feel a little flabby and out of shape, but rather than complain about it, I decided to do something about it. My good friend has been going to the Y and tried to entice me to join her. I finally decided to give it a shot and downloaded the free 7 day pass. I have gone 4 of the past 7 days. Tonight, I wasn't really sure I wanted to go. This is where the "buddy-system" comes in handy. Here's our conversation:
Buddy: You going to the gym tonight?
Me: Sure! (I'm nobody's punk and I'm not going to say no.)
Buddy: Girl, I didn't really feel like going, but I guess I'll go if you're going. (She's no punk, either.)
Me: See you there.
We decided to take the Step Challenge class since it was at the right time for our schedules. I haven't done a step workout in years, but I dance all the time. How hard could it be?
All I can say is thank goodness my buddy was there with me. I was sweating within 5 minutes and ready to give up at the halfway mark. But we laughed & joked and made our way through that class. It felt good to complete the class even at our beginner (half-dead) level and we have lots more to learn. We'll be back for more on Wednesday.
I want to wear one of those cute tight outfits and take the challenge spot at the front of the class and I can't do that if I give up. Besides, I'm nobody's punk.
No comments:
Post a Comment