I have checked one more thing off my bucket list. Funny thing is, I don't have a bucket list. But I keep trying new things and I guess if I had one, I'd be checking things off. Most of the new things I do were never things I considered doing before I did them. I think my Facebook status last week really explained it, "
I never think about what I'm going to do. The voices in my head g. ive me very clear directions."
Well, yesterday I went to the PRIDE parade here in Atlanta. And I marched in it for a little while. It was fun, we smiled and waved at the people we passed on our way to our new destination a little bit farther down the parade route. And when we reached the spot where we were meeting our hosts, we jumped out of the parade.
I had never attended a PRIDE event here or anywhere else for that matter and I had a wonderful time. Everyone was extremely friendly, especially the gay men. By 2 PM I was sniffing men and admiring male bottoms. After the parade, we attended the festival in the park. There was live music, food and drink.
The group we were meeting had fewer people than expected but I happened to see some people I knew and they joined us. We had a good crowd on our blankets. Which just happened to be the items we were supposed to bring. And bring them we did. We had a rolling duffel bag full of blankets. Kelsi and I don't usually do anything halfway. But I digress.
Kelsi and I walked around and saw some people she knew made some new acquaintances. We danced in the park and commented on everything we saw. There were people offering free hugs and who doesn't like free hugs? I accepted the free hugs but drew the line at the free breast exams. A girl's gotta have limits.
I can't wait for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment