Thursday, September 22, 2011

Keys

What does it mean when you keep forgetting keys?  They aren't lost, I just don't have the right ones where I need them and have to make a second trip to correct the situation.  Maybe there isn't a meaning, maybe I'm reading too much into it.  It wouldn't be the first time.  It just seems odd that I forgot to leave the key for the apartment next door to mine accessible.  I had to go back home and put it in place.  This morning at work,  I was supposed to open the door to the theater but I had the wrong set of keys when I approached the door.  Fortunately, there was an open door but I still had to return to my office to get the correct keys.  Weird, huh?  Or maybe it points to the fact that I'm doing too much and forgetting things is a result of trying to remember too much.  If that's the case, then I'll have to deal with it.  I'd rather do too much than too little.  Like that physics law: a body in motion tends to stay in motion while a body at rest tends to stay at rest.  I'd rather stay in motion.  
Speaking of keys, here is something I was discussing this morning with a friend.  The key to a happy child is a happy parent.  The key to being a happy parent is to continue to be a person.  I have always felt that I needed to maintain my own interests and activities.  I remember telling my best friend when Tale was born that if she grew up to be a mass murderer or something else horrible like that, what would I have accomplished if I hadn't done anything outside of her?  Fortunately, my child has not become a mass murderer, but I also have a life and interests.  (I didn't think there was a possibility that she would grow up to be a mass murderer, I was being dramatic.)  I think it also makes it easier for the children to get on with their own lives.  They are not worried about me.  And they shouldn't be.  I'll be fine.  And so will they.
Now, where did I put those keys?

No comments:

Post a Comment