Sometimes I wonder why am I here? What was I put on this planet to do? Usually, I am a little disappointed because I can't see a grandiose action that I must accomplish before I leave this place. Or if I manage to imagine something that seems worthy, I don't see how I can accomplish it. If you feel the same, fret no more. I attended a workshop on Tuesday that has changed my perception and it may change yours, too. The workshop was called "Successful Women Think Differently: 9 Habits to Make You Happier, Healthier and More Resilient." The speaker was Valorie Burton who authored the book by the same name. She talked about finding your purpose and said that most of us have been doing what we were meant to do most of our lives, just maybe not to our full potential. It is something that comes so natural to us, we often overlook it and it could be something as simple as bringing joy to people. Do you mean after all these years of searching for my purpose, it could be as easy as helping people feel better about whatever situation they find themselves? Not everyone has the same purpose. The question to ask yourself is how is someone's life better after they cross paths with me? If you can't think of anything, ask the people around you. They will know the affect you have on their lives. If you see a pattern forming, that's your purpose. I know it sounds simple. I almost couldn't believe it myself. It seems my purpose is to bring joy. I can do that! I can still achieve world peace and end poverty & hunger, but it doesn't seem so daunting now. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment